My mother let my pregnant girlfriend sleep on the floor | Moroccan Daily News

My mother let my pregnant girlfriend sleep on the floor

 My mother let my pregnant girlfriend sleep on the floor

'My mother didn't want her couch ruined'

Rick* and Rose have been together for four years and are expecting their first child soon. Although Rose always got along with Rick's mom, that has changed out of the blue. Her mother-in-law still seems to have little respect for her and once even let Rose sleep on the floor… 

Baby coming

"My girlfriend Rose and I have been together for four years and she is now five months pregnant with our first child," Rick begins his story on the forum Reddit. “I always thought my mom really liked Rose, but after we announced we were expecting a baby, that somehow changed.” Rick's mother is suddenly very blunt and disrespectful to Rose all of a sudden. Although Rick's mother's behavior was already unacceptable, the measure is now full. "Because of what she's done now, I have to distance myself from her for a while."

Family visit

“Rose recently visited her family, but her family lives very far away. She drove there herself, but on the way back she had car trouble. Luckily my brother Chris was willing to pick her up.” Since it was still quite a long drive to take Rose to her house, Chris decided that Rose could spend the night with him and our mother, as their home is much closer. “Due to circumstances, Chris is living with our mother again for a while.”

Not ideal

“The situation was not exactly ideal, because there is so much tension between Rose and my mother. Still, I hoped my mom would make the best of it. According to Rose, my mom didn't say anything when Chris told me he would take Rose home the next morning.”

“Rose then helped prepare dinner, clear up and had a normal conversation with my mother for the first time in ages. Still, they tried to avoid each other a bit. Chris went to bed earlier, leaving the two together.”

To sleep

“My mother lives in a two bedroom apartment. Since all the beds were already taken, Rose thought she would sleep on the couch. But she was wrong. My mom gave Rose a very thin blanket and yelled at her to sleep on the floor because she didn't want her "couch ruined." She told Rose to make the best of it.” Rose decided not to go against her mother-in-law, but hoped to "secretly" sleep on the couch during the night. "But that was impossible, because my mother checked a few times during the night to make sure Rose hadn't gone to lie on the couch."

Pissed off

Chris woke up at 5am to go to the bathroom and saw Rose sleeping on the floor. He then let her sleep in his bed so she could sleep a little longer. He later told me what had happened but told me not to make a big fuss about it.” However, Rick was furious and then angrily called his mother. “I told her it was so disrespectful of her, to which she responded: 'It's okay if a pregnant woman sleeps on the floor, nothing happened to the baby.' I hung up angrily and I don't have my mother anymore spoken.”

“My brother understands that I'm angry, but he doesn't think I should have argued with my mother. But I can't just make up with my mother if she treats my girlfriend disrespectfully?" The man asks for advice on Reddit. What would you advise him?


About hicham

I’m a Pro Blogger. Having my 3+ website. I got engineering degree in computer science engineering. But, I am more appreciated to online business. Now, I ‘m full time blogger and enjoying my journey as well. I started my online carrier since 2018, April. After, research more I got the blogging. Now, I working on Google Ads Network and Affiliate Marketing also.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment